On the Board since: 2016
Member of: the Human Resource Committee
- Since joining The Co-operators in 1997 as a Programmer Analyst, Rob has held increasingly senior leadership roles within the group of companies, culminating with his appointment as President and Chief Executive Officer of The Co-operators Group Limited on December 1, 2016.
- From 2007 until 2016, he was Chief Operating Officer of The Sovereign General and, in November 2011, assumed the additional role of Executive Vice President, National Property and Casualty (P&C) for all P&C operations across The Co-operators group of companies.
- Rob has been instrumental in leading flood resiliency efforts in Canada and engaging all levels of government, the academic community and various industries, to develop a complete solution for Canadians.
- Master’s degree in Applied Statistics from the University of Guelph
- Bachelor’s degree, with distinction, in Theoretical Mathematics from the University of Guelph
- Holds the Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- He is an acting member of the International Co-operative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF) Board of Directors and Executive Committee; member of the ICMIF's Development Committee; and, founding director and member of Partners for Action Advisory Board.