On the Board: 2018
- In June 2017, Lynne McCarthy retired from the position of Director of Investments at the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, where she managed the investment of the WCB’s Accident Fund and the corporate pension fund. These invested assets totaled $2 billion at the end of her 19-year career at the WCB.
- Lynne also served as a part-time commissioner at the Manitoba Securities Commission from 1994 to 2014, acting as Vice-Chair from 2007 to 2014.
- Before joining the WCB, Lynne held several positions at Great-West Life in the corporate fixed income department, including management of publicly traded bonds, as well as private debt and structured finance investments.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from University of Manitoba
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) designation
- Lynne currently serves as a member of the Arthritis Society National Board of Directors; she is a member of the Audit and Finance Committee.
- She is also a member of the Board of Directors of a Winnipeg community centre.
- Previously, she was a member of the St. Mary’s Academy Foundation Board of Directors in Winnipeg, serving as Chair for half of her 10-year term.
Lynne is a member of CFA Winnipeg and of the Law Society of Manitoba Discipline Committee.