On the Board: 2018
- Carol worked for more than ten years at The Co-operators before retiring in December 2021.
- She comes to The Co-operators with a diverse background including experience in insurance and banking, technology and business, as well as vendor experience including IT delivery, consulting, large account management and sales.
- Most recently Carol was Senior Vice-President Group Architecture, Applied Innovation and Solution Delivery Services for RBC globally. Prior to that she spent eight years at TD Bank Financial Group providing the Application Development, Architecture and Large Program Management supporting the retail, commercial, wealth and insurance business areas.
- During her tenure at Teleglobe Insurance Systems/CGI, Carol held a variety of positions including Vice-President Architecture and Insurance Company Systems, Vice-President Brokerage Systems, Vice-President Consulting, Large Account Management and Sales.
- She began her career at Allstate Canada holding a number of management positions in the insurance operations area.
- Carol was selected in 2009 as one of Computerworld's Premier IT 100 Leaders globally.
- Honours BA from York University
- Computer Programming Diploma from Seneca College
- Attended several Business Administration Programs at Ivey School of Business
- Carol has a passion for diversity in the workplace and has been active in many aspects, from ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities, to speaking with young women about leadership.
She has also been very involved with Sheena’s Place and the Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario.