Director, Sustainable Investing
Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately-owned investment management firm that aims to add value to institutional and private clients’ portfolios by tailoring its full suite of asset classes to its clients’ needs. Addenda offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where dialogue, collaboration and employee recognition are encouraged. The Company integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) matters into all its investments and stewardship activities in order to enhance long-term performance for its clients and to promote sustainable development for society.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Sustainable Investing, your main responsibility will be to work within a team environment to implement and enhance Addenda Capital’s sustainable investing strategy. As such, you will be responsible for leading dialogues with investee companies and helping investment teams integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their investment analysis. Therefore, if you are a curious and resourceful person and a positive leader with experience interacting with investment professionals and the boards and management of investee companies, you would be a major asset for our team.
- You lead meetings with the management and/or Board members of public corporations to encourage them to address sustainability matters;
- You work with internal portfolio managers and investment teams to support the continuous improvement of ESG integration processes;
- You identify, analyse and report on industry and company ESG risks and opportunities;
- You participate in ESG portfolio analysis;
- You oversee or assist with proxy voting for approximately 250 meetings annually by analyzing agendas, ballot items and related materials in order to vote consistently with our voting guidelines;
- You collaborate with clients on issues related to sustainable investing, when required;
- You support the implementation of marketing and communications programs and quarterly client reports related to engagement and ESG integration;
- You participate in sustainable investing industry initiatives;
- You perform any other related tasks to meet the needs of the Sustainable Investing team.
Ideal Candidate Profile
Experience and Knowledge
- You have an undergraduate university degree;
- You have 8-10 years related work experience in investment management, consulting, corporate sustainability or other relevant combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- You possess the CFA designation, essential for this role;
- You have considerable knowledge of a broad array of investment practices including financial modeling, valuation, securities administration and regulation;
- You understand how ESG issues and society’s key sustainability challenges can affect financial and investment performance;
- You have experience with proxy voting research and administration, strongly preferred;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and French)
with an emphasis on persuasion and presentation abilities;
- You have the ability to work on, and prioritize, several projects at a time;
- You possess proficient computer skills, including MS Excel;
- You are a strong decision maker and an analytical and creative problem solver;
- You have a high degree of initiative, leadership and resourcefulness;
- You have willingness to travel.