Analyst, Quantitative Research
Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately-owned investment management firm that favours a sustainable approach to wealth creation. The company offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where integrity, collaboration and diversity is valued. Addenda integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors into all its investment and stewardship activities to enhance its clients long-term performance and to promote sustainable development for society.
Under the supervision of the head of quantitative research, you will be a member of the quantitative team, where you will be supporting Addenda’s investment and solution development activities. More specifically, you will assist in the creation and the implementation of systems to ensure that portfolios respect the established risk and return characteristics. In this role, you will also be responsible for the market and regulatory analyses and for assessing the potential impacts on investment portfolios.
You will also be responsible for designing business intelligence tools for the various investment teams (fixed income, equity, commercial mortgages and sustainable investing team). The combination of your investment and databases knowledges will enable you to analyze and understand the needs of the different teams in order to offer them analytical solutions supported by the new tools created. You will also collaborate with the data and information system teams to optimize processes and improve the information coverage of our databases.
- You identify, list and process the needs of the different teams in terms of analytical tools;
- You assist in the development of databases dedicated to the management teams;
- You develop tools linked to SQL databases;
- You identify, update and create tools required for efficient portfolio management and for quantitative research;
- You assist in the creation of an analysis process and appropriate analysis tools;
- You develop new models to improve the current evaluation methods;
- You ensure the accuracy of the data and matrices of the various software used, to guarantee compliance;
- You identify and communicate new ways to improve reporting and analysis practices;
- You contribute actively to the development of the library of quantitative research;
- You participate in monitoring markets by performing the required analyses for price and risk assessment and make recommendations based on the performed analyses and the various portfolios’ risks to ensure that they remain in line with the investment strategies;
- You monitor portfolios closely and perform all the required analyses to detect any inaccuracies in the pricing or the risk assessments and share your findings with your team members.
Experience and Knowledge
- You have an undergraduate degree in finance or mathematics or a master’s degree in finance or financial mathematics;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- You have knowledge of risk management, fixed income and Finance in general;
- You have experience working with databases (SQL), programming (VBA, Matlab, Python) and knowledge of business intelligence tools (Power BI);
- You have knowledge of the financial software, Bloomberg;
- You have an interest in the CFA and/or the FRM.
Skills and Abilities
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in both English and French;
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- You show initiative, leadership and resourcefulness;
- You can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- You have a positive attitude and excel in a collaborative and team-oriented work environment.