Director, Portfolio Accounting
Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately-owned investment management firm that favours a sustainable approach to wealth creation. The company offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where integrity, collaboration and diversity is valued. Addenda integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors into all its investment and stewardship activities to enhance its clients’ long-term performance and to promote sustainable development for society.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Operations, you will provide leadership and direction to the Portfolio Accounting team. The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of investment accounting information, processing portfolio transactions, ensuring the timeliness in the settlement of trades, and the production of analysis, reports, and financial statements for internal and external audits. You will work in collaboration with the investment management, client partnership and operational teams to achieve the firm's strategic objectives.
- You provide leadership and direction to build a high performing and engaged team;
- You establish individual and team goals based upon department objectives and corporate strategic initiatives;
- You ensure day-to-day department oversight, resource planning, respect of operational service levels, deadlines and adequate validations and controls;
- You analyze operational processes to identify opportunities for improvement;
- You implement and maintain controls to mitigate operational risks, ensure up to date documentation of processes and controls;
- You collaborate with internal and external business partners to aid and support in meeting the firm’s business objectives;
- You lead and represent the department on corporate initiatives and projects ensuring operational readiness to support changes.
Experience and Knowledge
- You have 5 to 10 years experience in a similar position in the investment management industry with a sound knowledge of front to back-office operations;
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in an applicable field or other combination of relevant education and experience;
- You have strong leadership and management abilities, a sense of initiative and a demonstrated ability to provide clear direction;
- You have a sound understanding of investment management accounting and reporting, investment products, and portfolio management practices;
- You are technically proficient using Microsoft Office products and SQL and have experience with investment accounting systems, data providers, and reporting tools;
- Knowledge and experience working with the Eagle Accounting platform is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English);
- You demonstrate rigor, organization, and a strong ability to manage priorities;
- You are analytical, creative, detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills;
- You are client-centric and able to work collaboratively across teams;
- You pursue excellence and have a focus on continuous improvement.