Senior Analyst, Operational Risks and Compliance
Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately-owned investment management firm that favours a sustainable approach to wealth creation. The company offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where integrity, collaboration and diversity is valued. Addenda integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors into all its investment and stewardship activities to enhance its clients long-term performance and to promote sustainable development for society.
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Risk Officer, you will propose and implement frameworks and methodologies to monitor, evaluate and treat operational risks at Addenda. You will act as a risk management expert for managers and employees and you will contribute to its accountability. Additionally, as part of the compliance team, you will assist and support the team in all functions related to the application of the firm’s compliance program.
If you are performance driven, recognize the importance of a collaborative and collegial culture and you have a strong sense of integrity, this could be your opportunity to begin a career with Addenda Capital.
- You develop the maintenance of a methodology as well as tools to identify and document significant activities and risks;
- You ensure that the definition, the categorization and the documentation of all risks are up to date;
- You establish, review and maintain the risk register;
- You support the other managers in the analysis of risks, and evaluate the impact of the risks identified;
- You estimate the probability of all risks and propose norms for establishing the tolerance threshold and identify those that required in-depth analysis;
- You provide the information related to risks and inform all employees on their responsibilities in relation to risk management;
- You contribute to the production of the annual report on the status of risk management with the Chief Compliance and Risk Officer;
- You monitor anything that concerns your domain of expertise and you share your knowledge with your coworkers;
- You support the compliance team in all tasks;
- You participate in the creation and the revision of all of Addenda’s internal policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- You have a bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, accounting or any other discipline or combination of disciplines deemed pertinent;
- You have 5 to 7 years of professional experience related to the functions of the job;
- You have experience in the financial, institutional, banking or investing sectors;
- You have a strong understanding of the portfolio management sector and its operations.
Skills and Abilities
- You have excellent spoken abilities in French and English, combined with exceptional writing skills in both languages;
- You have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; notably of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- You can complete mandates within tight deadlines, and you are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- You show initiative and creativity and demonstrate autonomy and ease when working in teams and with people of different hierarchical levels;
- You demonstrate rigor and organization, and you have an analytical and synthetic mindset;
- You demonstrate tactfulness and diplomacy while still communication your message clearly;
- You have strong ethical principles and a strong comprehension of the ethics of financial markets.