Director, Business Development and Client Partnerships
Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately owned investment management firm that favours a sustainable approach to wealth creation, in close partnership with its institutional and private clients. The company offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where integrity, collaboration and diversity are valued. Addenda integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) factors into all its investment and stewardship activities to enhance its clients’ long-term performance and to promote sustainable development for society.
Your Job Description
Reporting to the Vice-President and Co-Head, Client Partnerships, and providing direction and support to the business development team, your primary responsibilities will include the planning, organization and supervision of all activities relating to client service, including the production of materials for client service and business development. You will also be responsible for championing new strategies and processes while continually striving to improve the client experience.
Your Main Responsibilities
- You collaborate closely with the Vice-President in the planning and implementation of action plans for the firm’s private wealth division;
- You organize and participate in business development initiatives with diverse organizations to expand client base;
- You offer an exceptional level of service when dealing with clients and managers and strive to provide a seamless client experience;
- You develop and improve the processes and workflows under your responsibility and provide regular oversight of involved teams;
- You collaborate in the production of projects under your responsibility in order to meet business targets, maximize results and ensure client satisfaction;
- You build partnerships and maintain relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- You will ensure the quality of communications, translation and other materials that position the firm within the industry.
Experience and Knowledge
- You have an undergraduate university degree in Business Administration with a focus on Finance;
- You have 8-10 years of experience in a similar role in the financial services industry;
- You possess the CFA designation and meet the portfolio manager’s registration requirements (compulsory);
- You have a high-level of proficiency with Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- You are a highly experienced business development professional with a demonstrated ability for developing and executing sales strategies in the private wealth management industry.
Skills and Abilities?
- You have refined verbal and written communication skills (in English and French) and a sophisticated understanding of client service;
- You stand out when interacting with people at different levels of the organization and have a natural ability for forging new relationships;
- You have highly developed leadership, organizational and analytical skills;
- You are a motivated and disciplined sales professional who takes initiative and always strives to exceed sales objectives;
- You have the ability to undertake a diversity of projects, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high degree of
- You are able to travel on occasion.