Invest in Your Career
Addenda Capital is a privately owned investment management firm that aims to add value to institutional and private clients’ portfolios by tailoring its full suite of asset classes to its clients’ needs. Addenda offers a stimulating, positive and open-minded environment where dialogue, collaboration and employee recognition are encouraged. The Company integrates ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) matters into all its investments and stewardship activities in order to enhance long-term performance for its clients and to promote sustainable development for society.
Your Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Analyst on a contractual basis to cover for a maternity leave. Working alongside the Senior Analyst you will be responsible for the investment performance measurement, monitoring and reporting activities. You will ensure performance returns and attribution are accurate, complete and appropriately reported by ensuring that analytical reviews, reasonability checks and processes are completed and followed.
- You understand and maintain our overnight process to ensure performance systems run smoothly each day;
- You complete and monitor various file loads to the performance systems;
- You input and maintain performance, benchmark and composite information into proprietary database;
- You perform data integrity checks to ensure performance data is accurate;
- You calculate performance and risk metrics using Excel models and templates;
- You produce and maintain daily, monthly and quarterly performance and attribution reports as well as other risk or informational analysis, within the prescribed period;
- You respond to ad-hoc requests by creating various queries, reports and presentation materials;
- You provide expertise to investment professionals, client services and other stakeholders in response to their portfolio performance and attribution enquiries.
- You have an undergraduate university degree in Administration (Accounting or Finance);
- You have 1-2 years of experience in investment performance measurement and reporting;
- You possess or in process of obtaining the CFA or CIPM designation, an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- You possess proficient computer skills, including MS Excel;
- You have an intermediate experience with SQL querying and database;
- You have knowledge of Eagle PACE, an asset;
- You have knowledge of GIPS Standards, an asset;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and French) as well as a meaningful sense for customer service;
- You demonstrate strong analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- You are detail oriented and able to work with tight deadlines;
- You have a good team spirit.